The Inside Sales Representative will collaboratively work with Gaubert Oil’s sales, marketing, and operations team to manage existing customer relationships as well as develop new opportunities that help profitably grow the business.
- Maintain existing book of business as well as identify and develop share of wallet and upselling growth opportunities
- Engage new clients through prospecting activities including but not limited to cold calling, emailing, social selling, and networking
- Establish new customer accounts in accordance with Gaubert Oil Company’s credit policies and procedures
- Field inbound customer calls and emails responding to each inquiry in a timely manner
- Respond to government business RFQ/RFP requests within the appropriate timeline
- Prepare quotes and customer proposals with profitability, operational capacity, and supply chain factors taken into consideration
- Work with accounts receivable group to collect on outstanding balances as well as troubleshoot billing issues and inefficiencies in customer’s quote-to-cash process
- Work closely with supplier partners and internal technical resources to identify the right products and services for customers
- Develop an expansive LinkedIn Network consisting of clients in Gaubert Oil’s target customer base routinely utilizing Gaubert Oil marketing and other supplier resources
- Participate in required training to gain product and industry knowledge
- Maintain customer pricing contracts in response to market price fluctuations for lubricant and chemical products
- Support the outside sales team with requests for product information, proposal generation, equipment requests and other customer requests
- Coordinate with safety, operations, and Gaubert Oil’s insurance provider to fulfill customer requests for pre-qualification information
- Enter orders as needed servicing as a backup to Gaubert Oil’s customer service team
- Follow up with website customer inquiries and utilize marketing tools to engage customers through email and other marketing outreach campaigns
- Manage customer pricing on an ongoing basis in response to marketing price fluctuations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated success in a similar sales role with quotas and sales targets
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask, manage priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable making outbound phone calls as well as excellent phone etiquette.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong listening and sales skills.
- Comfortable with a goal-oriented work environment with annual sales target objectives.
- Strong Analytical skills and ability to gather data to make profitable business decisions
- Is a life-long learner and takes initiative to fill personal knowledge gaps
- Ability to manage conflict in a professional and constructive manner
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+years of customer service experience in B2B (Business-to-Business) or B2C (Business-to-Consumer) Industry
- 1+ years of B2B sales experience or Bachelors Degree in Professional Sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Sales, Marketing, Finance or Economics preferred (Professional sales concentration a plus)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, MS Teams and Outlook.
- Familiarity with ERP/Back-office systems (E3/ADDSYS preferred but not required.) including entering orders, checking inventory, and accessing order history
Gaubert Oil Company, a 96-year-old company based in South Louisiana, is one of the Gulf Coast’s leading suppliers of fuel, lubricants and chemicals.
Company offers 401K, Health and Life insurance, and competitive pay.