New 0W-20 Grade
As part of our commitment to technology innovation, Chevron is pleased to announce the introduction of our new, synthetic blend-formulated Havoline High Mileage Motor Oil. Our research has shown that consumers are most interested in prolonging the life of their vehicles. These new Havoline High Mileage Motor Oils with Deposit Shield Technology can give consumers the confidence their vehicles will ‘keep going’ for years to come.
The high mileage motor oil category is significant and growing, aided by: Café-driven market trends, vehicles that are lasting longer (many of which now require an SAE 0W-20 viscosity), and a U.S. car park where the average vehicle age is 11.6 years old. High mileage motor oil sales represent 18% of sales in U.S. fast lubes and 30% at retail. We have a tremendous opportunity to grow our DIFM and DIY distribution and sales.
New Havoline High Mileage Motor Oils are formulated to maintain the condition of seals and gaskets, provide outstanding deposit protection, while providing excellent oxidation protection and volatility control. Designed for the unique needs of older and newer cars, pickups, SUVs and vans that have accumulated 75,000 miles or more, they can be added to and mixed with other full synthetic, part synthetic and conventional motor oils.
Along with the improved formulation inside the bottle, we are enhancing the package too. We updated the labels and are changing the small pack bottle color from the current red to a premium gold, which aligns with the premium formula inside. Noteworthy points:
- Each product meets or exceeds: API SN, Resource Conserving and GF-5
- Viscosity grades include: 0W-20 (new), 5W-20, 5W-30, and 10W-30
- This will be a rolling change
- Current conventional, Havoline High Mileage will be sunset upon inventory depletion
- The new product will be available to order June 1, 2017
- No change in small pack UPCs (except for the new 0W-20 viscosity grade)
- Synthetic blend is a descriptor, it is not part of the product name
- Available in Canada in drum and bulk, and in PitPack when it launches in 2017
- New product images are available in MarcomCentral for customer websites
- All marketing materials will be updated accordingly, including: images, digital, print, marketing collateral, Chevron Signage & Merchandising Center items, PitPack labels, etc.