Manager-Safety & Regulatory Compliance
Gaubert Oil Company, a 93-year-old company based in South Louisiana, is one of the Gulf Coast’s leading suppliers of fuel, lubricants and chemicals.
The Safety Manager manages safety, regulatory and compliance programs for the company. The Safety Manager has a focus on personnel safety, fire protection, emergency response, Federal Motor Carrier regulations, US Coast Guard Regulations, above ground and under ground storage tank regulations, insurance requirements, federal and state health and safety regulations, etc.
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Ensure compliance is met with the Health, Safety and Environmental and other regulatory programs
- Ensure employees and company are protected through training, education, monitoring, observation and corrective actions
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Ensure employees remain current on all required health, safety and environmental training, client site specific training, equipment operator training and required drug and alcohol testing
- Coach and motivate employees in all aspects of safety and compliance to support the facilities
- Ensure records of all training, testing, and audits are maintained
- Conduct and document field safety audits and compliance audits
- Oversee and participate in any incident investigations
- Maintain ISNetworld, PEC, PIC and SPCC requirements and documents
- Keep good communications with all staff and between departments
- Degree in safety preferred
- Knowledge of local, state and federal health, safety and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of DOT and US Coast Guard regulations
- Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Growth Mindset
Company offers 401K, Health and Life insurance, and competitive pay.